Responsibilities of Civil Service Ethics Office
Welcome to the Ethics Office of the Taiwan Area National Freeway Bureau Hello. We are members of the Ethics Office of the National Freeway Bureau of the Ministry of Transportation and Communications…
[A Word from the Director General]
[Functions of the First Section]
|This is a big family with members coming from different backgrounds. I hope every one of us can:
1. Be happy,
2. Get along,
3. Respect one another, and
4. Stay in good spirits.
1. Planning and execution of the Ethics Office’s personnel affairs.
2. Planning and execution of the Ethics Office’s general affairs.
3. Planning and execution of the Ethics Office’s preventive measures (2) and (3).
4. Planning and execution of the Ethics Office’s investigative work.
5. Planning and execution of purchasing procedures and health checkup projects.
6. Supervision of property filing.
7. Duties as assigned.
[Functions of the Second Section]
1. Planning and execution of the Ethics Office’s preventive measures (1).
2. Formulation and promotion of this bureau’s ethics regulations.
3. Prevention, investigation, processing and reporting of corruption and illegal behavior by this bureau’s employees.
4. Suggestion of innovative measures regarding ethics within this bureau.
5. Other related ethics affairs.
The support and participation of all citizens is necessary to ensure strong government ethics. If you encounter any government employees using their position for illegal gain, please call the reporting hotline (02-23167586) to connect directly to the Ministry of Justice or call the National Freeway Bureau’s ethics hotline (02-29093215).
Date of Posting :2007-12-03
Source of Information:Civil Service Ethics Office