Traffic Safety Information
Analysis of Traffic Accidents
The year 2010 saw a total of 67 Type A1 traffic accidents on the freeway in Taiwan. These accidents claimed 74 lives and injured 75 people. The accident rate was 0.0024 accidents per million vehicle/kilometers (MVK). The death rate was 0.0027 persons per MVK while the injury rate was 0.0027 persons per MVK.
The analysis of traffic accidents shows that the compared with 2009, the year 2010 saw a increase of 0.5% in the accident rate, a decrease of 13.3% in the death rate and an decrease of 29.4% in the injury rate. The top causes of traffic accidents were Improper Driving ,Intoxicated Driving ,Tail Gating and Defective Tires. These four causes accounted for 53.7% of the total accidents in 2010. In terms of the vehicle types, trucks and tractor-trailer trucks accounted for a relatively high percentage of all accidents.
1. Accidents from 1975-2010 (accessibility text)
2. Historical Traffic Growth and Accident Rates(accessibility text)
3. Causes of Traffic Accidents 1975-2010(accessibility text)
4. Breakdown of Causes of Traffic Accidents 1975-2010(accessibility text)
5. Vehicle Types in Traffic Accidents 1975-2010(accessibility text)
6. Breakdown of Vehicle Types 1975-2010(accessibility text)
7. Accidents and Enforcement of Rule(accessibility text)